How the Alexander Technique can help you
Because the Alexander Technique is a re-education and not a therapy, we refer to 'pupils' rather than 'clients'. The Alexander teacher's aim is to teach you to help yourself function better, even when s/he isn't there.
Teachers work using words and touch to help you to learn to do less, to use less effort and so to have more energy to achieve more in your life. You will find that your thinking, movement and general wellbeing improve.
Please see some of my pupils'comments on this page.
The lesson will be tailored to you personally and learning will be at your own pace. It's best if we meet weekly for the first few weeks as we are addressing established patterns of movement and reaction and these changes take place more easily when lessons are not too widely spaced. We discuss together the frequency of lessons after the initial period of working together.
Pupils Say ...
- I feel more energetic
- I am more relaxed and becoming more alert
- Aches and pains fading away
- I have confidence to learn to swim at last
- I found my voice
- A feeling of life in my feet
- I've learned to trust my body
- I'm not beating myself up as much as I used to, I'm more free
- I can do so much more in my weights class with no aches and pains afterwards