Frequently Asked Questions
Will I benefit from lessons in the Alexander Technique?
People come to the Technique to improve their quality of life in many ways, to reduce pain, to perform better at work or in their leisure time, to feel more alive.
- Back Pain sufferers
- Anyone who wants to improve their posture
- Students, at school or university who might be struggling with the pressure of work or exam nerves
- Performers such as singers, musicians, actors, teachers...
- Sportsmen and women including horseriders, golfers, runners and gym-users
- Tension headache and migraine sufferers
- Women who are pregnant
- People with Parkinson's Disease
- People with arthritis
- People who work with computers
- Artists, sculptors
- People whose work involves particular strains or sustained positions (nurses, dentists, drivers, care assistants...
How much do lessons cost?
Lessons cost £45.
How long does a lesson last?
Lessons last about 50 minutes.
Do I need any special clothing or equipment?
You don't need to undress.
It's best to wear loose clothing for ease of movement and to wear trousers or leggings.
How many lessons will I need?
The number of lessons is very individual. As we are changing familiar habits it's best if we can see each other once a week for at least 6 weeks after which we can talk about how things are going and begin to space out lessons
The best idea is to come along for a lesson and to discuss your goals with Leah.
What if I can't come to my lesson?
Please let Leah know as soon as possible if you cannot make your appointment.
In keeping with usual practice, I ask for 24 hours' notice for cancellations, otherwise the cost of the lesson is due in full.